Search This Blog

Thursday, October 21, 2010

GE debuting new hybrid light bulb

I just found this link on another website(blog), interesting info about another light bulb option out there.  I am anxious to research a little the product.  My wife has been receiving copies of an email from somebody who works with somebody who claims a CFL bulb in their house starting smoking and almost caught their house on fire.  I am suspicious of it being more than just a fluke accident knowing personally that CFL's don't dreate a lot of heat.  I am looking into any data out there to show any proof that this is happening to more than just this one person.  I still stand behind CFL's being a more energy efficient option for majority of lighting options(unless of course you have lots of money and you can buy LED bulbs).

http://www.greenwala.com/community/blogs/all/11025-GE-Debuts-Hybrid-Light-Bulb-To-Take-Down-The-CFL

No comments:

Post a Comment